Friday 15 September 2017

Fly Away at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog

Hello everyone on a rather Autumnal day as it's quite chilly down here but is bright so hopefully will warm up soon.
It's time for a new challenge at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog and this time it's projects with wings/birds we'd like to see as the theme is Fly Away.
I've created an Autumn wreath as I love this time of year being an Autumn girl by birth and never cope well with heat so give me a cold and frosty morning with bright sunshine and I'm so happy!


The wreath is one of the inclusions in the That's Crafty! MDF wreaths and baubles set and I've used the smallest one.
The wreath surface is coloured with Distress oxide inks, spritzed then dried and stamped, then some heat embossing with gold powder for a bit of glimmer.
Here are some process pics:




I then used my leaf dipping technique to colour some of the new That's Crafty! Surfaces Greyboard Bits and Pieces leaves perfect for Autumn projects.


 
The paint is actually on a clear plastic plate not the cross stitch fabric underneath! Messy to do but great fun and the leaves look fab when dried off.
I scored them to make veins and added colour with a Promarker. I then painted up one of the greyboard birds to resemble a robin. I die cut some Autumn greenery from bits of paper in my scraps box using the Tim Holtz Sissix Garden Greens set and coloured some berries on some of the sprigs. I assembled it all as you see.

Hope you can join in as the prize is a voucher for the online shop and there are tons of new Autumn and Winter goodies flowing in right now so it's not to be missed!

Have a great day.
Fliss xx

6 comments:

brenda said...

Hi Fliss,

Sorry so long and no visit, only just getting properly back into the swing of things although that will go out of the window again next week as we are off on holiday.

I always love a flower wreath and even better when it's an Autumnal one, the colours are so rich and vibrant the the little birde finishes it off a treat.

B x

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous piece, Autumn is really a wonderful season. Have a nice weekend, hugs, Valerie

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Such a stunning Autumnal creation Fliss, your details are just amazing, love this one :)
hugs
Donna xx

Amanda said...

A beautiful wreath Fliss, love the colours of autumn on this.
Love
Amanda x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This is a beautiful piece Fliss and would adorn any home during this season. The dipping techinique is a fabulous one that I use often as it achieves such unique effects. i love how you have brought this altogether with your chosen colours, such a spark of nature. I adore it.
Enjoy your weekend.. Big Hugs Tracey xx

Bev Hilton said...

So love this Fliss. Super wreath with those beautiful leaves. Loving that bird too. X