Friday 29 September 2017

Autumn at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog

Hello on a rather murky day, it's rather dull and drizzly today down here in the South but for once, I really don't mind!
Today is the first day of a new chapter in my life as after several months of soul searching, yesterday was my final day at the job I found increasingly stressful so I made the decision to quit.
I now have an increased role at my hubby's business where I've been doing the bookkeeping for over 20 years and I'm taking on more of the financial side to help out as they can't find a replacement for their former office manager who retired that can do the job as well as she did.
I'm also (much more exciting!), going to be setting my creative spirit free to see where it wants to go. There are lots of possibilities to explore and it's a case of watch this space as I'm not sure at this stage where it will lead!

Now for the other stuff! We have a great new challenge today over at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog where the theme for the next fortnight is Forever Autumn and I LOVE this one as it's my favourite time of year.
My inspiration in a simple tag as I was short on time this week - as to why, all will be revealed soon.


My base was a Ranger kraft tag which I stencilled with leaves (That's Crafty! 6.5x7.5 Skeleton Leaves Stencil) using That's Crafty! paints (Chestnut Brown and Metallic Bronze Multi Surface and Copper Shimmer) and I so love the Metallic Bronze which is my new favourite.
I then wrapped around a piece of homespun ribbon to which I tied one of my dipped leaves (see my post of 15 September to see how I did this) and finished off with a Tim Holtz clippings sticker. Done!

Have a great day and I'll be back in a bit as it's my day to post at That's Crafty! Blog.
Fliss xx

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tag, enjoy your new work! Hugs, Valerie

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Gorgeous tag Fliss, I’m excited too to see where your arty muse takes you, great times ahead that’s for sure :)
Hugs
Donna xx

Words and Pictures said...

How lovely - love the subtle shimmer in the leafy background - that's a great autumnal tag.
Alison x

Bev Hilton said...

Love this Fliss. Gentle shimmer and texture.
Bev. xxx

Amanda said...

Love the background, fabulous tag
Love
Amanda x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Beautiful use of colour Fliss, that pop of metallic really sets it all off so fabulously. Hope you have now felt a huge weight lifted off your shoulders. All the best for your creative future.
Big Hugs Tracey xx
P.S Sorry I'm so late (You know how it can be for me on a Friday xx)

Dorthe said...

A stunning tag, Fliss, so love that gorgeous background you created, for your beautiful leaf . The ribbon holding it, give a great textile texture, - I love it !!
Hugs, Dorthe, xx