Friday 10 March 2017

Bling It Up! At That's Crafty Challenge Blog

Hello again and welcome to my inspiration for our new challenge over at That's Crafty Challenge Blog which has the theme of Bling It Up! so you can probably guess what we'd like to see for this one!
I've gone rather girly with my inspiration which is a postcard as I'm quite liking this particular surface at the moment (can't tell you why either!).


I covered the postcard (one of That's Crafty! white/greyboard substrates) with Paper Artsy Sherbet acrylic paint. I then used the hearts background and quatrefoil background That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils with Paper Artsy Orchid and Lavender paints to apply a pattern.
The result was a bit stronger than I wanted so I knocked it back with dry brushed gesso and added a few streaks of blue for interest.
I stamped the lovely Serena (one of Donna Gray's beautiful stamps for That's Crafty!) on mixed media paper with Archival Jet Black ink. I coloured her with paints using Paper Artsy Blush for her face and neck and her hair with DecoArt Glamour Dust paint in Celebration Pink (it's really blingy!).
I stamped her again directly on the postcard and then cut out the image on mixed media paper except for the curly element on her hair. I added gems to her hair and the heart and finished off with some Tim Holtz Big Chat stickers.

Hope you can enter as the prize is randomly drawn so all you have to do is enter!
Have a great weekend and see you next week.
Fliss xx

1 comment:

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Wow Serena is stunning Fliss, you always make such lovely creations with that stamp. I must remember to add this to my little gallery ;)
hugs
Donna xx